You need to be signed in to add your comment.

We want to hear from you!

Hi Everyone,

So far, we've received such great feedback about the On Demand ferry trial in the Bays Precinct.

Here is the place where you can share with us your photos, videos and stories travelling on Me-Mel!

Here she is at Blackwattle Bay wharf:

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link

You need to be signed in to add your comment.

Submitting your comment
kareneliza66 6 months ago
What a great service it was. A beautiful trip and so convenient for someone who lives at Glebe and works at Barangaroo. I hate to think that COVID-19 has damaged the chances of this service coming back. I'm heading back into the office in a couple of weeks so would love to see it come back.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
D 7 months ago
A permanent service linking into the current F4 Cross Harbour route makes sense, but so would linking the route from Watsons Bay to Manly. This would allow students and workers from the northern beaches and eastern suburbs to take a ferry to Glebe, and either walk or hop on the new electric shuttle bus to the University of Sydney, UTS, or the RPA. And with the Sydney Fish Market moving to the new site in Glebe, breakfast at Manly, lunch at Blackwattle Bay and sunset drinks at Watsons Bay (or vice versa) - without any time behind a wheel - makes for a perfect Sydney weekend.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
Bempec about 1 year ago
The service does not work well under the current arrangements. I am sure that a higher level of use would have occurred with a regular timetable rather than being "on demand". It takes us about 10 minute to walk to Pirrama Park wharf. On booking the ferry, it was advised to be there 10 minute early. On one occasion, the ferry was at least 5 minutes late. That makes at least 25 minutes before actually boarding the ferry in order to arrive at Barangaroo. Consequently, one could walk easily to the city over the Pyrmont Bridge in that time, or catch a reliable ferry (with regular timetable) from Pyrmont Bay to Barangaroo and the walk to Pyrmont Bay is 12-13 minutes for us.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
lenchen about 1 year ago
Forgot to tick...would like this service to be permanent but would appreciate to be able to book from Pirrama Park to both Barangaroo and Blackwattle Bay :)
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
lenchen about 1 year ago
I just love this ferry and take it as often as I can, maybe once or twice a week! A great way to get to Wynyard from Pirrama Park. The only downfall for me is that I can't book it from Pirrama wharf to Blackwattle Bay. As Pirrama wharf is virtually bang in the middle between Barangaroo and Blackwattle Bay it would make sense to include it and make it the three stops in any direction. In practice it now works that way any way, thanks to the discretion of the wonderful, helpful staff who contribute to the delight of this ferry ride. Please make it 3 stops either way so we can book from Pirrama wharf to Blackwattle Bay and back. Thank you
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
JacobV about 1 year ago
Since 30 Oct when I first noted the service, I have taken 55 trips. When I can book a 7.02 am to 7.15 am service I use the ferry and when I cannot, I use Uber. Using Uber is over twice the price of the ferry but for business people where start time is important it is used. The hours been 7 am and 9.30 am and 4 to 7 pm need to be scheduled rather than on demand. The fact that someone can book the first ferry at say 7.21 am means that others cannot book an earlier trip say 7am. I have been able to book 7.02 am which works for me. I am thoroughly impressed by the commitment of the staff and genuinely believe it should be a permanent service.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
Rod d. about 1 year ago
A great service that has made Barangaroo our dining precinct.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link